Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cherry Tomato Pasta Aglio Olio


OK, so i haven't had any memories about my recipes lately but i definitely have one for this recipe. Well i remember that one day i came home from Saturday school and i was starving. I asked my mom what was for dinner and she told me spaghetti, like almost anyone i was excited. I looked in the pot and got really mad! At the time Mimo (my second mom) was over and she kept telling me it was so good. I tried the pasta and fell in love, of course being stubborn i didn't let my mom know my fit was for nothing. I have been looking for a recipe like the one my mom made that ONCE (she never made it again i wonder why) so i found cherry tomato at the market the other day and figured i would just make up a recipe, and boy was it good!
Fresh basil is VERY important! pick them, wash them and stack them
roll them up gently and cut so you get long thin strips
like this, its called chiffonade.
Aren't these so cute, they reminded me of little san marzanos. You can use any type of cherry tomato, if they are really big then just cut them in half.
i used a whole head of garlic and chopped them finely, don't smash them, you want it in small chunks so when it cooks it becomes sweet.
Put olive oil in a pan and heat, when the oil is hot add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes. Make sure to keep stirring so that the garlic doesn't burn and become bitter. At this point add in a little of the pasta water.
Add in the cherry tomatoes a cook.
Once they start to shrivel and are getting soft add in more pasta water
crush about half of the tomatoes to get a slightly pink tomato sauce.
Once the dish is done cooking add in the pasta (spaghetti) and basil and some freshly ground black pepper.
Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese.

Written Recipe:

1 pound of spaghetti noodles
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
1 head of garlic finely chopped
10 leaves of basil chiffanaaed
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 1/2 cups of pasta water

No comments:

Post a Comment